New Orleans Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Decades Of Experience In A Complex Area Of Law
Proving that a Louisiana doctor, nurse or other medical professional failed to uphold the accepted standard of care is a very challenging task. The medical industry is very powerful, and many of the laws are slanted in its favor.
However, you do not have to take on such a burden alone — you can turn to the law firm of Mark W. Smith & Associates, Attorneys at Law. We are here to give you a voice and stand up on your behalf against major medical providers throughout the state.
Our founder, New Orleans medical negligence lawyer Mark W. Smith, has been practicing law since 1984. He is very familiar with the unique challenges associated with proving medical negligence, including the critical importance of finding local experts to testify, researching the technical specifics of different injuries and understanding esoteric medical terms. His record of success in handling these complex and difficult claims speaks for itself.
Metairie Lawyers For Hospital Malpractice, Birth Injuries And More
We have handled medical malpractice cases in all the areas below:
- Birth injuries: Our law firm handles every type of birth injury caused by medical negligence, from Erb’s palsy and shoulder dystocia to cerebral palsy and infant brain injuries. We will help your family seek maximum compensation for the harm your child suffered.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis: When a doctor fails to accurately diagnose a critical condition in a timely manner, serious injuries or death can result. We handle misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer, heart conditions, stroke and more.
- Medication or prescription errors: From giving a patient the wrong dose of a medication to prescribing a drug that will interact negatively with other prescriptions, medical professionals must be held accountable for the harm their negligence causes.
- Hospital and nursing errors: Whether a nurse misreads a patient’s chart or a hospital discharges a patient far too soon, our lawyers are here to advocate for the victim’s rights.
- Surgical errors: We represent individuals who have been injured by objects left behind after surgery, surgeons who operate on the wrong part of the body and other types of negligence.
If you suspect you may have a valid medical malpractice case in Louisiana, do not hesitate to schedule a free initial consultation. Simply call our Metairie or New Orleans office at 504-830-7660, or contact us online. You owe us no lawyers’ fees unless we recover compensation for you.