- posted: Oct. 02, 2023
Suffering an injury is a shock. You may be overwhelmed with physical, emotional, and practical concerns if you've sustained a personal injury. At Mark W. Smith & Associates, we have over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases. We want you to focus on recovering from your injuries without worrying about expenses and how you’ll survive if your ability to work is curtailed.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Injuries can occur due to negligence on the part of someone else in various circumstances. Some of these include:
- Motor vehicle accidents—crashes involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles result in catastrophic injuries. Many factors can be responsible, including distraction, use of alcohol or drugs, and reckless behaviors such as speeding.
- Slips, trips, and falls—accidents can occur when a premise is not properly monitored and maintained. Spills in a store, improperly built staircases, and damaged floors or carpeting in office buildings are just a few potential premise injury sources.
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs—we’re ready to fight if you or a loved one have been harmed by using dangerous or defective drugs such as Ambien, Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, and Zoloft.
- Defective medical devices—the medical industry has many products, such as pacemakers, hip replacements, and defibrillators, designed to assist in healing, but a serious injury can result when they fail.
- Aviation accidents—can involve commercial airliners, helicopters, or private jets.
- Maritime accidents—our firm works on cases for barge workers, oil rig workers, and injured sailors.
- Wrongful death—emotional closure and financial compensation are what we will seek if your loved one has died due to another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
Mark W. Smith and his team of reputable attorneys and non-attorney disability advocates are well-qualified with valuable experience in their field. No matter how complicated your situation might seem, an attorney from our office will examine every aspect and develop a sound plan that addresses your unique legal needs. We are conveniently located in Metairie, LA, and have good coverage in greater New Orleans and throughout Southeastern LA. Please feel free to call us at 504-224-8388 or contact us via our website to schedule a free initial consultation.