Did You Receive The Wrong Drug Or The Wrong Dose?
When you swallow the pills the nurse hands you in the hospital or fill a prescription at a Louisiana pharmacy, you are placing trust in those medical professionals. If your trust is violated by a medication or prescription error, you could face serious injury. Such cases call for an experienced medical malpractice attorney to advise you of your rights and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
At Mark W. Smith & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our New Orleans prescription errors lawyers are here to do just that. In practice since 1984, founder Mark W. Smith has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of individuals injured by the negligence of others. He has handled a wide range of medical malpractice cases for more than 25 years.
Metairie Lawyers For Pharmacy Errors And Other Mistakes
Dangerous mistakes involving prescription drugs can come in many different forms. Do not wait to get legal counsel if you or a loved one experienced any of the following:
- You were prescribed the wrong dosage. The difference between taking 5mg and 50mg can be extreme.
- You received the wrong drug. Sometimes overworked or careless pharmacists simply fill the wrong prescription.
- You were told to take the medication for the wrong amount of time. In one case we handled, an elderly individual was kept on antibiotics for 30 days instead of only five days, resulting in severe intestinal damage.
- The drug interacted negatively with other medications. Doctors are supposed to understand how different drugs combine with one another in order to avoid dangerous effects.
- You received a defective medication. In some cases, pharmaceutical companies manufacture and sell drugs that have not been fully tested.
If you suspect you may be a victim of medical negligence, feel free to schedule a no-cost consultation with us. Call our Metairie or New Orleans office at 504-224-8388, or contact us online. Our lawyers only get paid if they recover compensation for you.